Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Moon It Up

My new chapbook, Moon Law, is officially out in the world now, thanks to Wild Age Press, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. What started out as a few lines in my notebook, over a year ago, is now a whole narrative, printed on postcards with illustrations and housed in a box with a ribbon. The beginning-to-end process is fun to watch, especially with chapbooks that embrace artistry and defy the traditional notion of a bound book, and I'm grateful to have found such an innovative press to nurture my first chapbook. It was also a pleasure to be involved in the production of the book, from the first brainstorming session to the final printing. Kelly Thomas, who runs Wild Age Press, made this whole process a memorable experience for me.

Those looking to purchase Moon Law can do so at Wild Age Press. To those who already got a copy, thank you so very much for the support. I've worked long and hard on my writing pursuits and gotten criticism here and there, over the past year, for taking on writing and parenting simultaneously, so it means more than you know to those who acknowledge that I'm still (and always will be) a writer with publishing goals, no matter what else is going on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Poem In Juked

Happy to have my poem, " motherhooded ," in the new issue of Juked , just in time for the end of National Poetry Month and Mother&...