Sunday, March 20, 2016

Poems In Posit

I have two new poems in Issue Nine of Posit that you can read here.

"Resolutions" was written at the beginning of 2015, when I was thinking a lot about the quietness and safeness of my writing and how I wanted that to change (which, I think, it has for the better). Nothing wrong with quietness in writing in general, but in my case, there was a comfort level in my creative space contributing to that, and I've recognized a need to step outside of it if I want to improve my craft.

"A Spill on the Grid" explores a similar theme and is another one of my "Malala poems" - I've always been fascinated by her father's encouragement of her outspokenness, as it contrasts what I was more or less instructed to do when I was her age, and I look to her courage and intelligence often when navigating a more outspoken creative path for my own writing.

Big thanks to Susan Lewis and Bernd Sauermann for including me in this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Poem In Juked

Happy to have my poem, " motherhooded ," in the new issue of Juked , just in time for the end of National Poetry Month and Mother&...