Skip to main content

This Just In: I'm Going To Be A Hyacinth Girl!

You guys have some pop culture goodness to look forward to from me next year. My poetry chapbook, Playing One on TV, has been selected for publication by Hyacinth Girl Press in 2017!

This book started out as a NaPoWriMo project, four years ago. A fun, lighthearted project turned into a manuscript with deeper feminist explorations of girlhood, womanhood, and race. HGP is the perfect press to publish it, not to mention one of my favorite chapbook publishers. I can't wait to see it in print and share it with you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poems In Public Pool And Forthcoming Story

I recently had a couple of pop culture poems go up at Public Pool that you can read here. The first one, "Angela Chase Weather Report," is from my chapbook, PLAYING ONE ON TV, about iconic female television characters.

I'm also super excited to have a flash story called "Copy Machine" forthcoming in the next issue of The Conium Review alongside some fabulous writers, including one of my favorites, Shane Jones. Check out the full contributor list here.

Short Story in Meridian

Once upon a time, I had a dream I opened a chapbook store with Jeff Goldblum. I wrote a poem about it (obviously), which turned into a short story, which Meridian chose to publish in their latest issue. They have a free epub version available on their site, in addition to physical copies for sale.


This is my favorite story I've written, and I couldn't be more thrilled that such a great journal loved it as much as I do.