Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Essay at Pregnant Chicken

I wrote a lighthearted little piece about how I was convinced I'd always deliver a baby before forty weeks and the resulting anger when I was proven wrong, and Pregnant Chicken loved it enough to publish it. You can read it here. It's hard for women to justify any emotions other than joy during pregnancy, but the spectrum of feelings during that time is so large, and it's perhaps a little eye-opening to record those moments at very specific points. This essay was written a day or two before my due date, and really, how can one's emotions not be all over the place then....but my anger wasn't well received by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Poem In Juked

Happy to have my poem, " motherhooded ," in the new issue of Juked , just in time for the end of National Poetry Month and Mother&...