Skip to main content

Essay at Pregnant Chicken

I wrote a lighthearted little piece about how I was convinced I'd always deliver a baby before forty weeks and the resulting anger when I was proven wrong, and Pregnant Chicken loved it enough to publish it. You can read it here. It's hard for women to justify any emotions other than joy during pregnancy, but the spectrum of feelings during that time is so large, and it's perhaps a little eye-opening to record those moments at very specific points. This essay was written a day or two before my due date, and really, how can one's emotions not be all over the place then....but my anger wasn't well received by all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poems In Public Pool And Forthcoming Story

I recently had a couple of pop culture poems go up at Public Pool that you can read here. The first one, "Angela Chase Weather Report," is from my chapbook, PLAYING ONE ON TV, about iconic female television characters.

I'm also super excited to have a flash story called "Copy Machine" forthcoming in the next issue of The Conium Review alongside some fabulous writers, including one of my favorites, Shane Jones. Check out the full contributor list here.

Short Story in Meridian

Once upon a time, I had a dream I opened a chapbook store with Jeff Goldblum. I wrote a poem about it (obviously), which turned into a short story, which Meridian chose to publish in their latest issue. They have a free epub version available on their site, in addition to physical copies for sale.


This is my favorite story I've written, and I couldn't be more thrilled that such a great journal loved it as much as I do.